Are you interested in an online training option for Adult Reading and Writing ministries? We are field testing the hybrid training option June 22-July 31.
Adult Reading and Writing Ministries
Nearly one-third of adults in the United States have difficulty reading and writing at a function level. Life is difficult in a number of ways for struggling readers.
- Job prospects are limited
- Family relationships suffer
- Medical instructions are often difficult to follow
- The Bible is inaccessible.
Equip your ministry volunteers to share Jesus.
The Adult Reading and Writing Basic Workshop equips local church volunteers to intentionally share the Gospel with adult low-level readers. It addresses:
- Adult Reading and Writing Ministry as a missions outreach of the church
- Organizing an Adult Reading and Writing Ministry
- Understanding adult low-level readers
- Definition of reading
- Choosing reading material
- Using the Bible to teach an adult to read
- Creating lesson plans from any reading material
- Introduction to high school equivalency
- Helping students who learn differently
- Sharing Jesus with students