Meet the needs of internationals in your community through English as a Second Language ministries. Build relationships with college students, refugees, and other immigrants. As you help them gain a valuable skill — speaking English better — you can naturally share Jesus Christ as your purpose.
- Survey your area to find out who needs this service.
- Schedule an English as a Second Language Basic Workshop led by a North American Mission Board certified trainer.
- Promote the training workshop within your church, association, and state.
- Schedule classes.
- Enlist students
the North American Mission Board
Click on the links below to see the resource.
Permissions Request - MUST be submitted before copying NAMB material Submit to email@example.com.
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
ONLINE/LIVE HYBRID BASIC WORKSHOP
Registration is now open for our new training option!
Here is the link to the course: http://training.literacymissionssbc.net/moodle/
What you need to know before you register:
- Cost is $35 per person, payable when you register.
- Participants will have about 1 month to finish the course.
- There are assignments that must be completed satisfactorily: a testimony, organizational plan (can be done as a group if several from one church register), placement interview, and lesson plan. All of these are explained in the course. These are graded assignments.
- After the course is complete, we will schedule the live portion of the class. If more than one person from a church takes the online course at one time, we will work with the director to conduct the live workshop. Otherwise, we will work individually on how to schedule the live portion.
- The live portion of the workshop includes the practice of essential drills for teaching beginning English speakers and emphasis on sharing the Gospel and using biblical materials in classes.
- If a participant does not finish the workshop in the month they register, they will have to re-take the course and pay the registration fee again.
- Future online courses will begin in May, July, and September.